Monday, October 21

I wish we all could be that stupid



An interesting thing happened today in the micro. I was coming home after a tiring long day at the office and this girl with flaming red hair was sitting on the first seat of the micro bus. I was sitting a little behind on the seat placed sideways. I had just gotten up and was brainstorming on the plot of a story that I was working on and she was looking here and there in awe with her pink mask on.

When the rest of the front facing seats were occupied, the conductor asked her to sit sideways on her seat so that people can sit on the long seat just behind the driver. He said politely- “Sister, please sit sideways like this.” She seemed confused and he explained –“People need to get in there so they can sit. So please…..” And a rather interesting thing happened. She looked at the conductor and laughed as if he had suggested some highly absurd thing. She was utterly surprised which was showing on her fair face. She took off her mask and looked behind and grinned at no one in particular. I was totally appalled with her and I am sure this was the thought that crossed everyone’s mind on the micro bus- Which planet did this creature come from who thinks that sitting on that particular seat was so comical.

Writers find their character subjects in the most bizarre places and in bizarre events. I found one woman who was so irritating that a frog croaking for the last 300 years would be irritated of her in 3 minutes. We were on a micro as well and she abused me and a couple of more people in all ways possible. Physically, verbally and mentally. Well, that isn’t the weirdest incident that ever happened to me in a micro bus. Once I was on the micro in the same seat as today and 3 girls were sitting at the last seat. They were continually looking at my side and laughing. I was totally embarrassed and thrilled to have the undivided attention of 3 beautiful girls. At Thamel, I got off and went straight to college wondering what on earth those lovely girls were giggling about. I found out soon enough in the toilet that my frontal door had been wide open for public display all along. I cursed with the f word countless times then and there and for many days to come. Still, I check my door lock every time I get on anything with four wheels or legs.

Anyway, today when I saw that red headed girl smiling at people wiggling to slouch uncomfortably , I thought what a stupid girl she was. We don’t get everything we want. Such stupidity and foolishness. And suddenly I realized that I wanted to be that kind of stupid. I also wanted to be in such a place where you would have to feel strange when people travelled like that. I wish we all could be that stupid.  

2013-10-21
9:56 PM

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found one woman who was so irritating that a frog croaking for the last 300 years would be irritated of her in 3 minutes. hahaha.I found this line very interesting and funny.